Monday, April 09, 2007

Wolf portrait in soft pastels

I couldn't resist the temptation to get playing with my pastels today so started with a demo in the Society for All Artists magazine. The demo is by wildlife artist Vic Bearcroft and it's of a wolf. He called the image 'free spirit'. His version of it is here on his website: http://www.aboutface-art.co.uk/wildlife.htm It's under 'Wolves' and is the first one on display.

This is my version:
As you can see, not as good, but i'm still pleased with it, considering it must be 10 years since I last used pastels at school! I did mine on Ingres paper, instead of velour as the demo is on, purely because I have no velour paper. I found getting the fine detail with the black pastel hard work and I need some more colours. I did really enjoy it however, and will definitely be doing some more and it only took a couple of hours.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home