Saturday, May 05, 2007

New art materials

I have been shopping again and treated myself to some new art materials.

I bought two pads of pastel paper - velour paper, which has a lovely, soft, velvety finish to it and is apparently perfect for drawing fur and some Art Spectrum colorfix paper, which has also been recomended on the Pet Portrait forum. It's been primed and the primed surface allows up to ten layers of pastel to be applied, and no primer is required.

I also got a bargain off of ebay - a set of 72 Derwent Pastel Pencils for £30. I got pastel pencils to go with my sticks so I can apply the fine detail to finish off a Pet Portrait.

I'm really looking forward to trying them out and doing some more pastel portraits, but I have to be good and work on my current Pet Portraits.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home