Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Lovely card from a customer

I got a really nice thank you card from a customer a couple of days ago. I often get sent lovely emails from people, but a card is just a bit extra special.

This one was from the owner of Winney, the black crossbreed I drew in graphite recently. The portrait was commissioned as a gift by a friend of Winney's owner. She put several things in her card, but my favourite bit was: "Your drawing will stay with us forever in our home, it has pride of place in our hall to be viewed by every visitor and to be seen by us as we go about our daily routine." I liked this as it says to me that what I do is more than simply copy a photo of someone's dog. When the pet has sadly passed, a portrait is a unique way of capturing the pet and having them close by forever.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home