Monday, August 06, 2007

Two new painting books

I had two more painting books arrive today from the 'painting for pleasure' book club I belong to.

The first one is "Watercolour Flower Portraits" by "Billy Showell". Even though I have no particular desire to paint flowers I thought some of the techniques used could help with pet portraits. This is due to the beautiful delicate and detailed nature of flower paintings. I think it may help. I have only had a quick look, but it is a good book with specific sections on creating detail and step by step demonstrations. Billy's paintings are also gorgeous. I will have a more thorough look at a later date and maybe even pluck up the courage to follow a demonstration!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home