Saturday, January 01, 2011

2011 plans

Welcome to 2011. I have quite a lot of things planned for Laura's Pet Portraits this year. I haven't been working on my artwork a lot at all in the last year, so this year I am really going to get back in to it and make it a big priority, here are a few of the things I would like to get done:

Website redesign - The website needs a little bit of a re-organisation and change in design I think. I want to produce something a bit more crisp and stylish. I have an idea in my head of what I want it to look like, so hopefully I will be able to create it! This will be an ongoing project so it may be a while before it changes but hopefully in the next few months.

Exhibitions and Societies - This year I would like to join a couple of Art Societies, particularly those concentrated on graphite art and animals. This then should enable me to submit some art for exhibition which I've never ever done but always had a vague sort of idea that I would like to, so this year will be the year it will happen.

Different Subjects - I tend to mostly draw dogs in my commissions and generally they are in pretty standard poses. This year I would like to work on a wider range of subjects, particularly wildlife such as Big Cats, Wolves and local Scottish Wildlife and maybe even some birds. And I'd like to draw domestic pets but in some interesting poses or in action.

A-Z of Art - This is a little project I have come up with to help keep me motivated to draw and also to help with the goal of drawing different subjects and interesting poses. I will work my way through the alphabet and apply a theme for each letter. Then do a drawing for each theme. It can be any subject but they will all be pet or animal related and I will include a variety of mediums and sizes of artwork - I haven't set many rules!! Just that by the end of the year I need to have got to Z!

All artwork will of course go on the blog, of commissions as well as my A - Z project so there should be lots to show you this year. I will be back soon with my 'A' theme.

Happy New Year to you all.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home