Monday, July 18, 2011

Art Wishlist - Water mixable oil paints

You may remember that learning to paint with new mediums was on my list of things to do for 2011.

I am a self taught artist and have never been able to paint. I don't have the control over a brush that I have over a pencil to create the fine detail that I can create with a graphite or coloured pencil. But I really should have more patience and learn to paint, so this is where the next Wishlist item comes in...

Winsor & Newton Artisan Water Mixable Oil Paints - These paints look like and work like conventional oil paints but are mixable with water to thin their consistency and also to wash equipment like brushes. This means that potentially hazardous solvents are necessary. They come in 40 different colours and have their own range of solvents, oils, mediums and varnishes so all oil painting techniques are possible. They also dry quicker than conventional oil paints, with some drying in as quick as two days. For more information, have a look at the Winsor & Newton Website.

I have tried painting with acrylics in the past but didn't get on with them due to the very fast drying time - I just didn't work quickly enough, which is why I like the idea of giving the Water Mixable Oils a try.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home