Sunday, July 17, 2011

My Wishlist - Onyx Pencils

I would imagine that most artists are like me in that they have their favourite mediums, supports, accessories etc but are also often on the lookout for something new to try.

I thought I might share a few of the things that are currently on my arty wishlist. The first one is a set of Derwent Onyx Pencils.

Derwent's website describes them as 'being made from smooth dark graphite, delivering dense, jet black tones, darker than a Graphic 9B'. Derwent Graphics are my graphite pencil of choice and the thought of a pencil I can use to build up layers to make black tones is really interesting. Because graphite isn't black, the darkest tones that can be created may look black but are actually a very dark grey and also the build up of graphite can create a shiny surface in areas of dense shading.

They come in two tones, medium and dark and are sold in a pack with two of each pencil and a sharpener and an eraser.

There is more information as well as some examples on the Derwent Pencils Website.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home