Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Springer Spaniels Portrait

Today I started on a new commission - 3 Springer Spaniels. I'm looking forward to doing this one as I have a real fondness for Springers - I do have two of my own! It's also going to be nice doing a graphite portrait after working with the coloured pencils for so long. As much as I enjoy working with colour and the effects achieved with coloured pencils, graphite is and probably always will be, my favourite medium.

Here is the first stage of the portrait. It's 12" x 16" on Italian Fabriano 5 hot press 140lb watercolour paper. The composition was suggested by the customer - he wanted to create a triangular shape with the male Springer in the centre slightly higher and the two girls either side.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home